CO2 Fire Extinguishers
$176.00 – $253.00
A fire extinguisher is a handheld first attack firefighting appliance used to extinguish or control small fires, often in crisis conditions. They can be used by property owners, residents, occupants, and the fire brigade. It is recommended that all owners of an extinguisher in a domestic environment, plus staff and personnel should be proficient in the safe and effective use of fire extinguishers as there are several different types and what they can or cannot be used on varies dramatically. If the incorrect Extinguisher is used on a specific type of fire this could result in serious injury or death.
Types of Fires
- Class A: COMBUSTIBLE SOLIDS (Example: Wood, Paper and Rubbish)
- Class B: FLAMMABLE LIQUIDS (Example: Petrol, Engine Oils and Kerosene)
- Class C: FLAMMABLE GASES (Example Propane, Butane and Methane)
- Class D: METALS (Example Aluminium and Magnesium) – Please contact us if required
- Class E: ELECTRICAL (Switchboards and all Electrical Appliances)
- Class F: COOKING OILS (Example: Deep Fryers)
Extinguisher Type: Carbon Dioxide CO2
- Clean medium therefore minimal clean up after use. Ideal for use in environment where there are computers or other sensitive electrical equipment.
- Only limited effectiveness on Class A and Class B fires. Not very effective for use in out-door areas as wind will dissipate the CO2 very quickly.
2.0kg, 3.5kg, 5.0kg